October 26, 2005

it's a trap 2.0

We were right. We were always right, and we were all right.

Liars and crooks, and now their closely-knit circle of friends is unraveling like that cheap scarf your cousin knitted for you that you wore once and got snagged on a door hinge.

Now if only the Democrats could get their hand-wringing heads out of their asses and govern...

it reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons I saw on DVD last week, from the 4th season. It aired in 1991. There's a chase scene that goes through both the Republican and Democratic national conventions. During the scene, you get to see banners hanging at each convention:

Republican: "We want the worst for everyone!" "We're just evil!"
Democrat: "We hate ourselves!" "We can't govern!"

ah, it saddens me how political satire remains the same, even though the years keep ticking by.

In other news, I got the first contact from the wreck-girl's insurance agency today. I will call them in the morning with a list of demands ten miles long. I am suffused with confidence befitting Napoleon as he invaded Malta.

No comments: