July 30, 2005

the island

I've been too busy/too lazy to post lately. At present, I'm working on a story related to the fact that John Hoeven is the governor with the highest approval rating in all 50 states. Believe it or not, North Dakota does not usually make the news, so this is turning out to be more difficult than I'd thought.

On the dusty front... one of my roommates moved out, and Derek will be moving in to take his place. I just took a job delivering for Popolino's Pizza, which I think is the best local pizza value. It'll be nice to have some money coming in besides the stressful ups and downs of internet poker, and I hear that it's a laid-back, chilled-out place to work. Just my style. I also rearranged the furniture in my room a bit - roommate Adam just switched his room around, and it instilled in me feelings of longing. He said something about how it's good to change your space around once or twice a year, just to keep things fresh. I tried to consider principles of room feng shui as I was moving, but really the only thing I could do was move my bed away from the door. (It's considered bad for your energy if there's a direct line from your bed to your door. Something about qi (energy) slipping out of your room while you sleep. We'll see.)

Symbyax makes me very, very sleepy. I slept for 12 hours last night and still needed a nap.

Next story will post today or tomorrow. I promise.

No comments: